25 Fun Sex Facts
1) The most children born to one mother was 69. Russian – wife of Feodor Vassilyev (her name has never been recorded) between 1707-1782 she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quads.
2) Whales are the proud owners of the world’s largest penises. The biggest recorded whale penis was the 8-footer of a killer whale.
3) The average amount of time spent kissing for a person in a lifetime is 20,160 minutes. That’s 336 hours, 14 days or 2 weeks.
4) Sex toys and vibrators are banned in shops in US states Alabama and Mississippi. The attorney general stated; “there is no fundamental right for a person to buy a device to produce orgasm”. Shop keeper Sherri Williams from Alabama said in response: “My motto has been they are going to have to pry this vibrator from my cold, dead hand.”
5) The Ancient Egyptians used dried crocodile dung as a contraceptive. The dung contains spermicidal properties similar to those used on condoms
6) ‘Merkins’ aka pubic wigs are used in the movies to conceal actor’s modesty.
7) You burn about 200 calories during 30 minutes of active sex.
8) Most women report masturbating at least once a week, according to a new study in the Journal of Sex Research.
9) Cycles of light affect fertility. Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature. Some have tried “lunaception,” altering the lights in their bedrooms based on the moon lighting to change their ovulation.
10) Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex. Studies have shown that some sperm can live in the cervical mucus crypt before the egg is actually fertilized for anywhere from five to eight days after sex.
11) Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm. Certain high-end shoe brands developed the arch in their high-heeled shoes to approximate the arch in a woman’s pelvis when she is having an orgasm. The heels create a contraction in the pelvic floor, which is problematic because the pelvic floor then cannot contract further during orgasm. “An orgasm is usually like going from zero to 60,” explains Fromberg. “If you’re already at 55 [from wearing heels], you’re not going to have a full experience.”
12) Men have on average 11 erections per day.
13) Orgasms can make women more creative. Studies have shown that orgasms can make women more confident, productive and creative. And it’s a feedback loop—women achieve fuller orgasms when they are being creative.
14) Birth control pills dampen the libido. Any hormonal contraception has that psychological side effect. Sometimes women even have trouble conceiving once they’re off the pill because while they may have been attracted to their partner on the pill, they’re not actually compatible with each other compatible with each other biochemically without the extra hormones.
15) Sitting in chairs can arouse women. Pudendal nerves, underneath the buttox and the sitting bones, feed arousal tissues (in the vagina, clitoris, anus, etc.). Sitting in a certain kind of chair pressing on the pudendal nerves in a certain way can lead to sexual arousal.
16) But it can also dampen their orgasms. On the other hand, sitting in chairs for most of the day shortens the pelvic floor and psoas muscles—muscles which are essential to a full-body orgasm. When these muscles are tight from sitting too much, women find it harder to achieve a great orgasm.
17) Women have three erogenous zones. The clitoris, the G Spot, AND the opening of the cervix. Some argue nipples belong on that list too.
18) The most successful X-rated movie of all time is Deep Throat.
19) Nerve endings are distributed differently in every woman’s vagina. Like a snowflake, each woman is unique in that her nerve endings are distributed in her genitalia differently than anyone else. That means, every woman needs to employ slightly different methods to achieve orgasm.
20) The pulsations a woman feels during orgasm are actually her uterus trying to gather sperm. Round ligaments that end in the labia majora “rock the uterus back and forth during orgasm so that the cervix has the opportunity to potentially scoop semen up that may have pooled in the back of the vagina to enhance fertility,” says Fromberg.
21) Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms. Because the body is mostly fluid, being hydrated enhances people’s ability to achieve orgasm.
22) All woman can achieve orgasm. Almost no woman was born unable to achieve an orgasm. “Women have the innate machinery programmed to have orgasms,” Fromberg explains. “But not everybody learns how to use that machinery well.”
23) Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
24) The man who bought the western world its favourite breakfast cereal – Kellogg’s Cornflakes- had more motivation than just a healthy diet. A virulent anti-masturbation campaigner, Dr Kellogg believed if you had a healthy diet it would reduce sexual thoughts popping into your head.
25) Men, if you eat celery it will make you more attractive to women. “When you chew a stalk of celery, you release androstenone and androstenol odour molecules into your mouth. They then travel up the back of your throat to your nose,” says Alan Hirsch, M.D., author of Scentsational Sex. “Once there, the pheromones boost your arousal, turning you on and causing your body to send off scents and signals that make you more desirable to women.”
- Art & Design
- Casting Opportunities
- Celebrity Photographer
- E-commerce - null
- Event Photos
- Feast or Famine
- Health & Fitness
- Media Partners
- News Magazine
- Our City Tonight
- Products And Services
- Real Estate
- Science & Technology
- Series In Production
- Social Issues
- Talent Agency
- Travel + Leisure