Budget Conscious Cooking: Economical and Tasty Asian Noodles with Orange Sauce!
The Quick and Dirty Orange Ginger Sauce
We all know that eating out is a HUGE drain on most peoples budget. So, here is my antidote to your wallet woes. You’ll just need a couple things – so, stop being lazy and pick up a couple of things from the store!
QUICK + DIRTY ORANGE GINGER SAUCE
This will make about 2-3 servings of sauce depending on how you split it:
- 1-2 seedless oranges.
- 1 cup of brown sugar (or whatever other type of sugar you prefer) I prefer using brown sugar myself.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Powdered ginger to your taste.
- Some oil (again your choice).
- Noodles of your choice.
1) Put some oil in a small pot over a medium heat. Take your oranges out now and crush them so that you get the fresh juice in the pot. I also like to throw my leftover orange pulp into the mixture but its your call!
2) Add your minced garlic, garlic powder, brown sugar, and some water (about 1/4 cup of water).
3) Simmer for a while. Until it thickens to your desired consistency – careful not to burn it!
4) At this point you can start your noodles which won’t take too long to prepare. Feel free to add some other ingredients like beef, chicken, and tofu as well as your favourite veggies.
There you have it – a fast and economical dinner for under $10.00.
- Art & Design
- Casting Opportunities
- Celebrity Photographer
- E-commerce - null
- Event Photos
- Feast or Famine
- Health & Fitness
- Media Partners
- News Magazine
- Our City Tonight
- Products And Services
- Real Estate
- Science & Technology
- Series In Production
- Social Issues
- Talent Agency
- Travel + Leisure