Online FASHION Shopping Review
There is nothing we love more in this world than Edgy, Affordable, Quality UNIQUE fashion. Last week the team at WWW.METROLIVINGZINE.COM decided to put the UK based fashion retail website MissGuided to the test. Here are our findings.
1) This is aUK based company. If you are placing an order in North America you need to do so on the MissGuided US site. Here is the URL for your convenience http://www.missguidedus.com/
2) Their SIZING runs SMALL by our North American standards. If your USA size is normally 2, you need to order their USA 4. If your TopShop UK size is normally a 6 order the MissGuided UK size 8.
3) Their fashion selections are edgy, fashion forward and FUN. Y ou will not be disapointed as long as you order your garments one size larger than whatever your normal size happens to be.
Our MissGuided Online Purchase:
Sophina Premium Floral Brocade Full Midi Skirt and Matching bralette
. The model is pictured wearing a UK size 8 which translated to a USA size 4. Both pieces came to $137.00 USD including shipping, duties and tax. They had been reduced by 20% in anticipation of Cyber Monday at the time of purchase.
Our MissGuided Online Purchase:
Sophina Premium Floral Brocade Full Midi Skirt and Matching bralette. The model is pictured wearing a UK size 8 which translated to a USA size 4. Both pieces came to $137.00 USD including shipping, duties and tax. They had been reduced by 20% in anticipation of Cyber Monday at the time of purchase.
4) Be prepared to pay a f airly hefty amount in duty and taxes.
We purchased the bralette and matching full skirt on sale pictured above for $88.00 USD. Three days later when staff went to pick up the FexEx package we were charged $49.00 in taxes and duties. Even with the additional taxes and duties we believe that the garments were a GREAT VALUE.
5) MissGuidedshipped the order very fast and it was delivery in roughly three days. We were very impressed – especially since the parcel came from the UK.
6) We had to try placing the order on thewebsite roughly 10 times. Their system was not recognizing the data we inputted for our phone number. This data inputing glitch was exceptionally frustrating. There was no direct phone number for customer service. We ended up writing them an email which they responded to fairly quickly with exceptionally detailed instructions. Later, when we went to place the order AGAIN the website was down for revamping. This variable is what we attribute the data inputting issues to. When the website went live again we were able to place the order without any further issues.
7) The two garments that we ordered were exceptional. The Midi-skirt was fully lined and had numerous pleats. Our only complaint was that there were no pockets.
In the Final Analysis:
We recommend the MissGuided eCommerce shopping site.The products are an exceptionally great value and we were pleased with the quality of our purchase. Just make sure you order your clothing one size larger than your normal size so you are not disappointed when you receive your parcel three days later!
- Art & Design
- Casting Opportunities
- Celebrity Photographer
- E-commerce - null
- Event Photos
- Feast or Famine
- Health & Fitness
- Media Partners
- News Magazine
- Our City Tonight
- Products And Services
- Real Estate
- Science & Technology
- Series In Production
- Social Issues
- Talent Agency
- Travel + Leisure